Here we are

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Getting Started


I've finally decided to start a blog---as much for myself as for anyone else who might be interested to see what's going on with our little family. Hopefully, someday, my kids will be able to look back at this and get a glimpse into our life (if only from Mom's point of view). 
I'll start with a brief recap of Christmas. Both Terry's parents and my dad came to our house for Christmas. I like having it here. I can make the menu, and I enjoy cooking/baking all that yummy holiday food. We don't have to make arrangements with Santa to come early or deliver gifts anywhere else. Annie gets to celebrate with us instead of being boarded at the vet's. And, I get to sleep in my own bed and shower in my own shower.
As usual, Elisabeth was a big winner in the gifts department. She got loads of toys including some sweet dolls, a Tickle Me Elmo, a rocking horse, and a closet-full of new clothes.  She checked out her stocking and the toys Santa left first. She sort of went into gift overload mode---by the time we got to the end of her boxes, I was opening them for her and she was a bit uninterested.
Sunday we went to Irving and celebrated with my family. My grandmother was there, and I'm always thrilled to spend time with her. My Uncle John, Aunt Sandra, cousins Chris and Jessica, and their kiddos were also there. The kids had a great time, and Elisabeth embraced the role of the monster who chased her older cousins around. She definitely tried to keep up with the big kids. Despite having a wonderful and big Christmas lunch, Dad, Terry, and I stopped at Freebird's in Fort Worth for dinner. It was a great ending to a truly wonderful Christmas.

 
3

3 comments:

  1. Hello Jennifer, Welcome to blog land:) It took me a while to learn things,with Brandy's help:) Your family is beautiful. It is nice when they are little not to have to move everything for Christmas.Stop by and visit ,not blogging as much,but have met some lovely ladies. Some of us older ladies with grown kids blog different,but there are a lot of younger Moms.Brandy has several younger Moms,some she scrapped book with.
    Have fun,check out some on my page to get a feel what you would like. Hugs, Mary:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog! Glad to be able to keep us this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I especially love Elisabeth with the turkey leg. So lady-like!

    ReplyDelete